Fast and efficient isolation of nucleic acids using the GenoXtract and the GXT Extraction Kits
Unique isolation with patented technology for high yield and purity
The different GXT Extraction Kits are based on a “magnetic bead technology”, which ensure high-quality and definite sample preparation with the GenoXtract.
A unique procedure of this technology is used for the GXT DNA/RNA Extraction Kit for isolating of bacterial DNA or RNA from decontaminated pulmonary and extrapulmonary samples. During the procedure specially coated magnetic particles separate the bacteria from the supernatant in a first step. Time-consuming filtration and centrifugation steps as used in conventional isolation procedures are not applied. Thus nucleic acids stay intact and are free of inhibitors. High purity and yield of nucleic acids are ensured.
During the processing with GXT DNA/RNA Extraction Kit the bacteria present in the sample specifically bind to magnetic particles. During magnetic separation, the supernatant is removed. Thus the bound intact bacteria are free of inhibitors and the nucleic acids can be isolated in high purity. During the subsequent cell lysis, nucleic acids are released and precipitated onto the magnetic particles. Through repeat magnetic separation, the cell residues are removed without any loss of nucleic acids. The nucleic acid-magnet-particle-complex is washed and the nucleic acids are eluted in a new tube. The result is high quality nucleic acids available for use in DNA/RNA-based test systems.
Your advantages with the GenoXtract and the GXT Extraction Kits
- Efficient isolation with innovative technology: The GXT Extraction Kits are based on a “magnetic bead technology” and enable high-quality sample preparation. A high yield and purity of the isolated nucleic acids is therefore ensured.
- Special pipetting technology for assured results: An innovative system consisting of a disposable pipette tip and pump, replacing extensive pumps and tubing. The pump/tip assembly is a closed system reducing the risk of contamination.
- Reliable diagnostics from one source: The isolated nucleic acids can be used in combination with test systems of the FluoroType®, GenoType and GenoQuick® product series. Thus we offer a complete process package from isolation to detection as basis of assured results.
- Multifunctional and flexible processing: Using the GenoXtract, nucleic acids can be isolated from various sample material, such as pulmonary and extrapulmonary samples, stool or blood. The special pipetting system enables the processing of up to 12 samples, but also the isolation of individual samples is possible.
- Easy operation for simple routine diagnostics: The various isolation programs are already installed and can be directly accessed. Additionally the prefilled reagent cartridges of the GXT Extraction Kits facilitate your daily work.
At a glance
Extraction Kits for the fully automated isolation of nucleic acids from various sample materials using the GenoXtract
GXT Extraction Kits for processing with the GenoXtract:
GXT DNA/RNA Extraction Kit for the isolation of bacterial DNA or RNA from decontaminated pulmonary and extrapulmonary, clinical samples (except for whole blood)
Art.-Nr. 12.01.02 (96 isolations)
GXT Stool Extraction Kit for the isolation of bacterial DNA from stool samples and rectal smears
Art.-Nr. 12.06.02 (96 isolations)
GXT Blood Extraction Kit for the isolation of human DNA from blood sample
Art.-Nr. 12.07.02 (96 isolations)
GXT NA Extraction Kit for the isolation of nucleic acids from various sample materials
Art.-Nr. 12.08.02 (96 isolations)