Your rapid test system for detection and differentiation of B. pertussis and B. parapertussis directly from patient specimens
Whooping cough is more than just a childhood disease. In the past few years, the incidence in children, adolescents and adults has considerably increased. The reasons for this are primarily the decrease in immunity with increasing vaccination intervals and prior disease as well as the failure to get booster vaccinations.
In adolescents and adults, whooping cough or pertussis, because of the atypical course of the disease without characteristic coughing spells, is often not correctly recognised and therefore not treated. Thus, these age groups bear a great risk to the infection of toddlers. Newborns and infants do not have any immunity to pertussis until they are vaccinated. They are therefore particularly at risk of suffering serious complications, such as apnoea or pneumonia.
Therefore the early and reliable diagnosis of whooping cough is extremely important in order to promptly begin antibiotic treatment and thus break the chain of infection.
Our PCR-based rapid test system GenoQuick® Bordetella enables you direct detection and differentiation of Bordetella pertussis and B. parapertussis in a few hours from patient samples. The rapid and uncomplicated GenoQuick® technology allows a result to be communicated on the day the sample is received. No expensive equipment is necessary to perform the GenoQuick® Bordetella. This also means that economic set-up of the method is possible for smaller laboratories. A ready-to-use lysis buffer for rapid and simple DNA extraction is also provided with the kit and does not need to be ordered separately.
Your benefits with GenoQuick® Bordetella
- High sensitivity and specificity: The simultaneous detection of two highly preserved DNA target sequences, IS481 and IS1001, guarantees the reliable detection and differentiation of B. pertussis and B. parapertussis.
- Reliable result: Internal controls document the validity of the results and secure safe and impeccable test procedures.
- Rapid result: Rapid execution of the test within approx. 3 hours enables the result to be reported on the day the sample was received!
- Cost-effective: No cost-intensive instrumentation needed to perform the test. A ready-to-use lysis buffer for rapid and simple DNA isolation is also contained in the kit.
- CE-labeled: No need for elaborate validation studies.
At a glance
Rapid molecular genetic assay for direct detection and differentiation of Bordetella pertussis and B. parapertussis
Swab specimens from nasopharynx, nose an throat
transystem® 190, transystem® 108C
Lysis Buffer (component of the kit)
12 tests No. 313
96 tests No. 31396