TBCheck MPT64 VER 1.0 – Rapid detection of MTB complex
Your sensitive immunochromatographic assay for the rapid identification of M. tuberculosis complex from culture
A positive culture is the starting material for TBCheck MPT64. The assay detects the MPT64 antigen which is highly specific for M. tuberculosis complex. Therefore, a discrimination between MTB complex and NTM is possible. Depending on this result further diagnostic tests can be used:
In case of a positive result GenoType MTBC allows for the differentiation of M. tuberculosis complex. Furthermore, if resistance testing is required GenoType MTBDRplus is the right choice for a PCR-based detection of MDR-TB.
If the result is negative the presence of NTM is assumed and GenoType Mycobacterium CM/AS should be used for further differentiation.
TBCheck MPT64 is based on an immunochromatographic assay principle. A droplet of the positive culture is placed on the lateral flow strip. On the strip the secreted MPT64 antigens are marked with gold and migrate to a specific binding site. This reaction leads to a gold accumulation at the binding site and subsequently to a visible band on the strip. The control area shows the efficiency of the gold binding – therefore, valid results are always guaranteed.
Your benefits with TBCheck MPT64
- Rapid detection: TBCheck MPT64 allows the rapid detection of M. tuberculosis complex and consequent discrimination from NTM within 10 minutes. Therefore, rapid results are guaranteed and further testing is promptly possible.
- Indication for further diagnostics: The results of TBCheck MPT64 enable a sound choice for further diagnostics. Depending on the results, further differentiation of MTB complex or NTM differentiation are indicated.
- Confirmation prior to drug susceptibility testing: The assay can be used to confirm MTB complex before drug susceptibilitytesting is performed from culture.
- Ease of use: Just one single pipetting step is necessary to obtain reliable results which can be easily evaluated at a glance.
- No implementation costs: No instrumentation is necessary for the assay – therefore quick implementation is possible in every lab.
At a glance
Rapid immunochromatographic assay for the detection of the M. tuberculosis complex from cultivated samples
Bacteria grown in liquid medium
- 30 tests No. 6430
Immunochromatographic assay principle