Your molecular genetic test system for reliable quantification of Epstein-Barr virus from EDTA plasma.
With a worldwide prevalence exceeding 90%, Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) is spread widely among the adult human population. Virus transmission primarily occurs via saliva. Primary infection with EBV in early childhood is usually asymptomatic, whereas later infection in adolescence or adulthood may cause infectious mononucleosis (kissing disease). EBV mainly infects B cells, in which the virus establishes lifelong persistence. Due to its transforming capacity, EBV is classified carcinogenic to humans (class I carcinogen). Numerous malignancies (e. g. Burkitt’s lymphoma, Hodgkin’s lymphoma or post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder (PT-LPD)) have been linked to EBV-reactivation, which may be caused for instance by immune deficiency.
Close monitoring of EB viral load is of utmost importance in order to identify and evaluate potential virus reactivation at an early stage, especially in risk patients.
FluoroType® EBV allows for fast and reliable assessment of EB-viral loads from EDTA plasma using real-time PCR. Viral DNA is extracted automatically with the GenoXtract® followed by amplification, detection and quantification of characteristic target sequences using the FluoroCycler® 96. Internal controls monitor test performance from sample preparation to test result. Reliable EB viral load assessment in requires only two quantification standards, which are only determined once per kit lot, eliminating the need for standard measurements with each run. Results are directly indicated in International Units (IU/ml according to NIBSC WHO International Standard), no additional calculation or conversion has to be performed by the user. Additionally, virus concentrations beyond linear quantification range are evaluated as qualitative results. Interpretation of results is performed automatically by the Fluoro-Software®, for reliable test results within only three hours. FluoroType® EBV enables reliable viral load assessment, ensuring close patient monitoring.
Your benefits of using FluoroType® EBV
- Reliable quantification: Viral load assessment in IU/ml (WHO International Standard) requires only two quantification standards. Virus concentrations beyond the limit of quantification are evaluated as qualitative results.
- User-friendly: Minimal hands-on time with automated DNA extraction for an efficient workflow. Quantification standards need to be recorded only once per kit lot. Interpretation of results is performed automatically by the Fluoro-Software®.
- Fast and dependable results: Internal controls monitor test performance from sample preparation to amplification and detection. Reliable test results are available within only three hours.
- Maximum flexibility: A universal test protocol allows for combination with further parameters of our portfolio. Single samples as well as high sample numbers can be analyzed efficiently according to your needs.
- CE-marked: No need for elaborate validation studies.
At a glance
Molecular genetic test system for quantitative detection of EBV
GXT NA Extraction Kit (with GenoXtract®)
Instrument for amplification and detection:
24 Tests No. 62024
GXT NA Extraction Kit No. 12.08.02
Proteinase K Set No. 405002