Your molecular genetic test system for the detection of Bordetella pertussis and B. parapertussis
It is estimated that 20 to 40 million persons are newly infected with pertussis each year, 90 % of cases thereof occur in developing countries. Despite vaccination, the incidence has increased during the last years. Especially young adolescents and adults are increasingly affected. Besides B. pertussis – the most important causative agent of pertussis-, infections with B. parapertussis can lead to pertussis-like disease with milder symptoms.
FluoroType® Bordetella allows for rapid and reliable identification of B. pertussis and B. parapertussis by the detection of the IS elements IS481 and IS1001. Bacterial DNA is extracted from sample material using the isolation kit BLyse followed by automated amplification and detection in the optical thermal cycler FluoroCycler®. An Internal control monitors test performance from sample preparation to valid results. Evaluation of results is performed automatically by the innovative FluoroSoftware®, for reliable test results within only three hours. Thus, FluoroType® Bordetella can be easily implemented in your laboratory routine allowing for efficient pertussis diagnostics!
Your benefits of using FluoroType® Bordetella
- High sensitivity and specificity: Reliable identification of B. pertussis and B. parapertussis by the detection of the IS elements IS481 and IS1001.
- Rapid and reliable: Results are available within only three hours. An Internal control monitors test performance from sample preparation to amplification for reliable results.
- User-friendly: Minimal hands-on time with rapid and simple manual DNA extraction. Amplification and detection are performed with the FluoroCycler® instrument. The user-friendly FluoroSoftware® performs result evaluation and interpretation.
- Best solution for every need: Analysis of up to 12 samples with FluoroCycler® 12 or up to 96 with FluoroCycler® 96. A universal test protocol allows for combination with several other parameters of our portfolio.
- CE marked: No need for elaborate validation!
Not all of our products are available in every country. Please contact your local sales representative for availability of this IVD product in your country.
At a glance
Molecular genetic test system for the detection of B. pertussis and B. parapertussis
Swabs from nasopharynx, nose or throat
Instrument for amplification and detection:
- 24 Tests No. 62424
- 96 Tests No. 62496